Calculator for compression springs
Design your compression spring or check the parameters of existisng one.
Bellow you can find the follwing guidelines:
- If increase the outter diameter De, the spring force is decreasing
- If increase the numbers of coils n, the spring force is decreasing
- If increase the wirediameter d, the spring force is increasing
- The travel is decreasing, if increasing the number of coils. They touch each other.
- If the number of coils are small and the step is too big, it is possible at full compression the spring to get setted. In this case the spring will not return to its original length Lo.
The calcualtor is for information purpose and at the production of the springs are possible changes.